2007/04/04 - Review by Ira Nanson
Sportsbooks can come with varying types of pedigrees and trying to pick and choose between the good, the bad and the plain old ugly can often be a very daunting task.
So first of all let's take a look at the pedigree:
3BWin Ltd is wholly owned by a Swedish investment company based in Stockholm called Bet and Be the Best AB. In 2002 the founders of the company Cédric Schwartzler, Daniel Bohlin and Peter Jidesten combined their expertise in business, IT and design to establish 3BWin and its innovative sister service 38Friends where players the unique opportunity to create their own betting community and invite friends to join their club so they can all play together. The company has been licensed and regulated under Maltese law since May 2006.
The Good of 3BWin:
- The 3BWin book has amassed a membership of more that 10,000 active players and boast they have achieved this without product marketing.
- The company provides a Bet for Fun site 3-b.nu so players can bet on the games, leagues and cups without using real cash.
- Football enthusiasts will appreciate the vast selection of odds offered on premiership, local and international matches. Action is also available on other European and American sports, motor racing and specials.
- Bet types include double chance, full time / half time, over / under, futures, side bets, match12 and props.
- Choose your own odds preference. Options include American, UK and decimal.
- The 3BWin website is easy to use and has a Rules and Demo section that should answer many of your questions.
- Deposit options include bank wire, check, electronic funds transfer, Mastercard and Visa.
The Bad of 3BWin:
- No poker, casino or horse racing is available for wagering.
- Promotions and bonuses are scarce although new members will receive a deposit bonus with a 10 times rollover requirement.
- Customer support is limited to email only and a response can take up to 24 hours.
- The pages of the website can be slow to load and time out errors seem to be common.
- The limitations of the book make it unsuitable for serious and professional bettors.
The Ugly 3BWin:
- Because the book is fairly new we can not report any information about their financial security.
SGR rate the bookmaker 3Bwin: